Have you met our fantastic therapist Sheryl?
Sheryl has worked at Aphrodite’s for three years. Sheryl has a wealth of skills within the beauty and holistic industry, but specialises in Sports & Injury massage. This treatment is a beneficial massage suited to each individual’s needs, helping with day to day muscle tension or enhancing sports performance. Sheryl has taken time out of her busy schedule to catch up with us to tell us more about her career journey and her beauty loves. You can read the entire interview here...
- What attracted you to the beauty industry?
I wanted to change my career path and challenge myself. Having had beauty treatments in the past, I was always amazed at good they made me feel afterwards. I wanted to make people feel the way I had done.
- What has your biggest achievement been in your beauty career so far?
Completing my sports massage qualification. It was a very in depth, challenging course. I felt very proud when I completed it. I am also currently learning acupressure, a new skill that I cannot wait to offer to my clients.
- Who is your industry inspiration?
Mel Cash – A specialist in sports massage. He has been in the industry for over 30 years, and owns his own sports facility. He has treated many professional sportsmen.
- What’s your top beauty tip?
Use eye cream twice daily to help keep your eyes hydrated and keep the wrinkles away!
- What’s your favourite beauty treatment you enjoy having done?
Facials – So relaxing and really help me to unwind. Leaves my skin looking so refreshed.
- If you could carry out a treatment on any celebrity who would it be?
Robbie Williams! He is my favourite haha.
- When you’re not at work, how do you like to spend your spare time?
I love to be with my husband, 2 children and 3 dogs.
- Where would you like to be in 5 years?
I would like to be at the top of my game in the beauty industry. Hopefully with lots more new skills added to my belt!
- The motto I live by is…
Follow your heart and never give up…